Monday, June 1, 2009

Too much knowledge


Every year Jake can't wait to go to the pool.  When it is snowing outside and we drive by the pool, Jake wants to go.  Today was our first trip to the Gardner pool this year as a family (Victoria has gone about 7 times already).  As soon as we got to the pool, Jake put on his floaties and took off.  He loves the playground in the pool, the water slides, swimming around in the deeper area, he loves it all.  Jake is a very good swimmer...with floaties on.  He is starting to feel a comfort level that leads him to venture out on his own, or at least without us right next to him.  This scares the crap out of me!  The nurse in me keeps screaming "don't let him out of your sight, you don't know when it could be too much for him" or "what if he takes those floaties off, he can't swim well without them".  I have a really hard time putting that part of me out of my mind.  I work at a place that sees accidents from swimming a lot during the summer.  I have to remember that those cases are the few and far between, most of the time, things are fine.  I have to learn to parent stealthily from afar, and remember that I am not even in control...God is.  Hmmmm...as I write this, I see an area that I am being worked on...submission.  Who know blogging would be such a spiritual media?

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You are a good Mom, Joleene.