Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thanks Carrie!

I got to leave work early today.  This is very unusual, I haven't left early since October 18th when my Dr told me that I could only work 8 hours. Those of us who work Weekend Option, know how precious even a few weekend hours off can be, and we tend to cherish them.  I have to give a big shout out to my friend Carrie Fiske for getting me out of work for the last few hours today.  
Carrie and I used to Car-Pool quite often, but haven't in over a year.  Yesterday we decided that we would Car-Pool today.  We had a fun drive into work, and each went to our own floors to work.  I hadn't talked to her the rest of the day until around 3:30.  I was pumping in the NICU Lactation room (a normally quiet place) when I hear the door open and a frantic/laughing Carrie saying "Jol, guess who got off work early, but didn't remember she didn't drive until she got to the parking garage?"  I chuckle out loud, this is classic Carrie.  Well, she was in luck.  I had only 2 patients at this time, and one of them was getting ready to be discharged.  The other nurse in my Pod only had 1 patient.  After explaining my conundrum to the charge nurse(and discharging my patient), we both were able to have a few extra hours at home.  Thanks Carrie, I owe  ya one.

No comments: