Friday, June 19, 2009

New to us Van coming 7.10.09

Colby and I recently learned that we couldn't keep our Dodge Stratus.  After Devon upgraded car seats, the back seat had no room for Victoria to sit.  We decided to sell it, and look for a Van.  If you are keeping score, yes we sold our beloved Honda Odyssey last year.  It was too much money for us and we had no business buying it.  We sold it to help get out of debt.  I also think that not getting another van then was Gods way to help me accept not having another Odyssey.  I was very pissy about selling our Odyssey, and didn't want any other van then.  I hated all vans but ours.  I just spent almost a whole year in a 4 door sedan with 3 kids.  Needless to say I am open to a few other vans now.  Colby and I decided to start looking for vans on craigslist(I narrowed them down by vetoing the ones I think are ugly) and found that we were most likely going to have to settle for a 2002-2003 with 120k or higher miles for around $7000-7500 dollars. One of my friends told me of a van for sale here in Gardner and gave us the info to call.  It is a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan with only 49,500 miles on it for $8595! Since we are going to pay cash for this van (no new debt for us) we figured that we would save and have enough money around the first of July if we get what we need from our car. Well, we sold our car this week, and got what we need.  However, we sold our car this week.  We still won't have enough money until the first of July, so we will have only one car for three more weeks.  We drove the van from Gardner and the woman selling it is taking our $8000 offer and is going to keep the car for us until July 10th so we can save up to pay for it in cash. I have never bought a car and NOT had buyers remorse...until now.  We may have just put a car on lay a way, but we will be driving it home for the first time with it paid for!

3 comments:

B-Mom said...

Yea, that is very exciting! And what a great deal for you guys!

Desiree said...

It's going to be so worth it not having a car payment! Just keep your eyes on the prize and three weeks will fly by! Congratulations!

Leslie said...

Yeah, good for you! I've always had an aversion to vans myself, I mean seriously, my parents drive one. But beggars can't be choosers, right?