Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Determination

This summer Victoria has been at the pool most days.  I don't even mean that as an exaggerated statement.  Most days she is at the pool.  It is more a social scene than anything. But I figure that it is not too bad of a place to spend her time.
Normally, Colby or I take her to the pool in the afternoon, then pick her up a few hours later.  Since we are short a vehicle, some days she has to walk to the pool.  Yes, I said it, we torture her by making her walk to the pool. I mean walking a whole 1.8 miles each way is equivalent to child abuse right?  Having said that, she still goes.  She isn't about to go without her friends for very long (I made her stay home yesterday...gasp). She even makes sure to take a shower before she goes so she is clean (I tell her she will be sweaty by the time she gets there, but she doesn't understand).  So, here she is hoofing it to the pool. : )

3 comments:

Carol said...

HA! My kids are the same damn way! They don't remember what life was like before their cars!

Leslie said...

Ha, ha! It's good for her. I see lots of kids walking or biking to the pool. It's totally okay.

Cori said...

Victoria, your mom never walked anywhere. She got her first car when we were like...12. And when she didn't drive illegally, she hitched. Your mom could get anybody to pull over! She was such a bad influence on me...

Totally kidding, by the way. :)