Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Visit to Public Saftey


Lately Jake has been having bad dreams about Policemen taking either him or us away. I am not sure why, but he has.  It has upset me because I don't want him to be afraid of the Police.  So I decided to let Jake meet some of Gardner's finest.  In Gardner, the Police and Fire are one and the same hence Public Safety.  This morning Jake and I baked some cookies(frozen dough...not Nestle though we aren't trying to poison them) and brought them up to the station.  At first Jake was afraid, until they asked him if he wanted to see the fire tucks.  His response "oh, that's so cool".  Because it was 100 degrees out, we made it a short trip, and home we went.  Now, I hope to use the good experience with Policeman Jacob (that was really the name of the officer who showed us the truck).  I hope it helps, at least it was fun.

1 comment:

Roxie Armstrong said...

I'm glad they didn't let him sit in the back of the squad car (and Jake like that)LOL.
He looks so happy and cute way up in the firetruck. Did you tell him that Uncle Dale is a fireman and he used to be the truck driver?