Friday, May 29, 2009

PB&J is a food group

Most pediatricians and nutritionists will tell you how important it is to get your toddlers a perfectly balanced diet.  They emphasise the importance of limiting sugar unless it is in its pure form (ie fruit).  In nursing school, we even had to make presentations to educate the parents of our patients about balanced diets.  
Well, as a mom, here is how wonderful I follow that food pyramid.
breakfast we have fruit...Fruitloops
Lunch: a protein and a fruit...Peanut butter and Strawberry jelly
Snack: fruit...fruit snack or "red bar" (Jake for nutrigrain bar)
Dinner: whatever I can get him to put in his mouth...

So much for the thousands of dollars spent in nursing school.  The school of motherhood has it's own education.

4 comments:

BLogger said...

We love PB&J at our house too. They would eat it every meal if I would let them!

Leslie said...

Ah, ha! I got you beat! Ian lives on frozen waffels, hot dogs, and ramen noodles. In that order. Maybe he'll snack on some grapes, if I'm lucky. It's always a fight with him.

B-Mom said...

I think that's perfectly fine!

Cori said...

I'm so glad that I'm not alone....I can't believe the stuff I feed my kids sometimes. But you know, eventually it all breaks down to carbs, proteins, for fats, right? :)