Thursday, May 21, 2009

Victoria's 8th grade dance

I just got back from dropping Victoria and her friend Kendall off at the 8th grade dance.  Her group of girlfriends got all dressed up for the occasion.  I say her group, because the attire was listed as "casual".  Victoria and Co decided that because the theme was "Old Hollywood" that they should dress up.  I can see the stretched logic in this.  As a girl, we want any reason to get all dressed up.  So, I didn't mind as long as they were comfortable doing it knowing that not everyone would be dressed up.  When I drove off after letting them out, I noticed a group of boys from their group....not dressed up...not even close.  One of the boys that Victoria is in and out of love with had on  a Celtics Jersey top and athletic shorts.   I couldn't help but laugh, boys don't give a crap what the "Theme" is.  I can't wait to hear all the gossip, it will be fun for her I am sure.

*****Note-  The dress she is wearing is borrowed and the shoes are current ones she wears, this budget making momma is saving up for Homecoming though****

1 comment:

Megan said...

Seriously, she is way too beautiful for a middle school girl. Where is the awkward phase?! No fair!

By the way, I also overdressed for my 8th grade dance just because I wanted to. I was so ready to be in high school and go to "real" dances. Get ready Mom!