Saturday, August 30, 2008

Don't be scammed

I have said before that I am a big Obama fan.  Having said that, I feel the need to prevent good women from falling victim to the ploy that John McCain has set out for you.  A lot of young women voters would love to see a women in the White House.   I too, think that would be great.  If the woman were the BEST choice for our country!  Ladies, we are smarter than this.  Just because we see a woman on the ticket doesn't mean she is ready to lead.  Our responsibility as citizens is to do our best to pick the person who best represents our country to be the leader of the free world.  I know that we will see a woman in that position someday, and I know it will be because she is a kick ass woman who can hold her own with the super powers of the WORLD, and run our county like it should be.  This woman will have had to be tested over a period of time in order to prove herself as worthy, and ready to lead.  The last thing our county needs is to have an unprepared woman find herself in a position of National or International tragedy/turmoil and breakdown and cry because she is over stressed.  Yes, I said it, I am a woman, so I know that it happens.  It is in our DNA, we have to learn to control it.  It takes time and small challenges to overcome these female downfalls.  Sarah Palin has been prematurely placed in a position of power.  If the Republicans achieve victory, she willLITERALLY be a heartbeat away from the Presidency.  Her background isn't impressive enough to give me confidence in her.  I think she has done great things, and am proud of her becoming Governor of Alaska.  It takes more than being Mayor of a town of 6,000 and a less than 2 year Governor of the 47th populated State in the Union to be ready to lead our Nation.  Let's face it Ladies John McCain played on our hopes.  Instead of picking a tried and true running mate that has shown abilities to lead, he picked the former Beauty Queen, who has a compelling story to try to trick us.  We are smarter than that.  Lets show him that it takes more than female anatomy to win our votes, we want brains and proven action.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Joleene, I agree with you for the most part. I was actually really offended when he picked her as his candidate. It was like saying "Hey women out there! Look! I have a woman running with me! Vote for me now!". It was as if he assumed that we had no ability to pick a candidate based on the issues, but instead just wanted a woman in office. It was so transparent that it made me sick. Aaron (my husband) who isn't even paying attention to all this political stuff and who was actually leaning more toward McCain, said that it was a bullshit, scam artist move.

Joleene said...

I know, sad part is that this poor woman is being used. Who would say NO to being VP of the USA? You know she has to know that she wasn't the best pick out there, that he is using her.