Thursday, August 14, 2008

Talent in my family

I am so lucky that my kids have a dad with some artistic talent!  If you didn't already know, Colby is a Graphic Design Artist, and even though he doesn't draw per say at work, he is capable of doing it.  Jake loves playing with sidewalk chalk (as do most kids) and he has been spoiled by daddy's drawings.  He now loves to see what we can draw.  I came home from a quick Price Chopper run last night to find that Colby had drawn a complete Solar System...compleate with Haley's comet (see below).  
Now, even though I love seeing Jake so exctied to have such artwork on our driveway, I feel very sorry for him.  You see my art skills are very poor.  I am lucky to draw a straight line.  Yes, I took an art class in High School, but only because it was the last semester of my Senior year, first hour, the teacher never knew I was always late, and I got to gossip with Cori all hour.  I didn't learn a darn thing.  So as you can see below,  when I draw a basketball, or even a football, my son will tell me "no, thats not it"...even he knows (at 3 years old) that his mom is a sucky artist.  He will tell me "when daddy get's home, he play with chalk with me"  : )  Gotta love their honesty!

4 comments:

Cori said...

Yes, Jake is very lucky to have Colby. I love you, but I remember Drawing/Design I. :)

B-Mom said...

I don't think you are that bad. To the average kid without an artistic dad, you are awesome! I'm always suprised that Booker can guess what I'm drawing, because sometimes I even doubt myself!

Cori said...

Well that's very nice and sucking up of you Trace, but Mr. Mobley and I think differently.

Kidding Jo! Love ya.

Joleene said...

thanks for your kind words Tracy...Cori is right though. I am that bad.

By the way, I forgot his name was Mr. Mobley. That shows how much of an impact that class had on my life.