Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's HOT!!!

Ok, I would like to know how our grandmothers ever made it to term with their pregnancies?  Seriously, I would have NEVER had kids if I lived in a time with no  AC.  If I am at the pool I can tolerate the heat, but since Jake is banned from the pool until his hand is healed, no pool for me.  Monday night Colby and I went to the Royals game with my friend Ashley and her husband Brian.  Yes, the hottest day of the year, I sweltered in the heat.  I thought at the time I was doing ok, just sweating like a faucet.  Yesterday I woke up and felt like I had a hangover.  I managed to get my errands done, and when Jake took a nap, so did I... for 3 hours.  I woke up and didn't even know who I was...one of those kinds of naps.  Today it is supposed to be "cooler"  Ok, cooler maybe but when the humidity is 99.9% it still feels like I live inside a volcano.  Don't get me wrong, I would rather be outside in the heat, than cooped up inside while it is 12 below outside, I guess I should stop complaining, and learn from those big fat hogs...and go find a cool mud puddle to slide my big ole' pregnant self into.

No comments: