Thursday, August 7, 2008

Devon's 3D

I know that some of you think that 3D ultrasounds are kind of creepy.  The fact is you can see your baby while they are inside of you!!! That is the coolest!!  Yesterday we went for our 3D for Devon.  I was very surprised and upset to learn that he is breach...yikes any suggestions to get him to move are appreciated!  I think he may have moved last week when I had my glucose tolerance test, if you recall I thought a cartoon cat and dog fight was going on inside of me.   I am only 29 weeks, so I know he has time to move on his own.  I am honestly not concerned about having to have the C-section itself if he doesn't, but how much more out of pocket we will have to pay if he doesn't move.  This may sound trivial to some...but when you have crappy insurance like I do then yes you tend to worry how many thousands the hospital/doctor will want to take away from you. (Remember we are trying to get out of debt too).  This is my third child, and I would like to just go in and do my thing like always.  Bottom line...stories of babies moving on their own are the only ones allowed to be told to me.
Anyway, I was very excited to see how much alike my boys look...at least in utero.  Because Devon was breach he usually had a foot or a hand in front of his face, so we didn't get the best pictures of him.  What we did see, was very cute (I think) and has me very excited to meet him in person.
While we were at the facility having the Ultrasound, Jake lost his favorite Lightening McQueen car...bad news for all.  After several minutes of searching by Nanny and Mr. Grandpa it was determined that it wasn't in the waiting room, but we had to wait an extra hour to search the US room as a new family was in there.  While we waited, we reviewed pictures of Devon, Jake looked  at them and said in a very serious way "Devon took him" and pointed to the picture.  I told Colby that may not be the last we ever hear that.  After exhausting our search, it was determined that a little boy who was leaving as we were going in may have swiped it (he was seen leaving with a 'Cars' backpack).  A tough lesson to learn at such a young age...except he has 2 other McQueen's at home so one of them will regain the favorite position.

3 comments:

Cherie D said...

OK, now I can't read the blog till this picture is gone! WAY CREEPY!

Cori said...

Okay, good story:

Cooper didn't turn until sometime between 30 and 35 weeks. I was worried, too. C-sections don't seem like my cup of tea either. :)

Also, Aidan and Cooper's 3D's looked a lot alike, too. I think you can tell a lot by those, because the boys really do resemble each other.

Leslie said...

3-D ultra sounds are so cool! I never got to have one. no extras on medicaid. I guess that's understandable. I'm glad I got to see you today at jazzercise. here is my blog www.lesliesayswhat.blogspot or you can just click on my name and it should be listed on my profile. It just stupid stuff, not very many people know about it.