Thursday, August 28, 2008

Daddy Duty

Well, I guess that heightened sense of hearing that I have always had for my children goes away when I am this pregnant.  I have always been able to hear the littlest sound Jake makes at night, but Colby usually doesn't wake up until I am already out of bed.  These last few weeks (and few weeks ahead) Colby has been having to sleep in the guest bedroom, across from Jake's room.  Not because I kicked him out, but because I snore like a man at the end of my pregnancies.  The last week Colby has been telling me that he is up a time or two with Jake at night.  What?  I don't hear a darn thing.  Last night was the funniest.  Colby asked me if I heard Jake up.  No, I didn't, not AT ALL!!  Well, I guess Colby woke to hear Jake up in his rocker, just rocking away.  He asked Jake from across the hall if he was rocking in his rocker.  "yeah" Jake replied.  Colby asked him why and he said "because".  Then, he also started turning his light off and on until Colby had to get up and tell him to get back into bed and go to sleep.  Now, Jake is either a night owl, had something on his mind, or is a sleepwalker like his mom (I have been known to make pudding, and even made my sorority sisters get out of the house because I told them it was full of smoke).  Either way, I am glad that I am not the one who had to deal with these shenanigans :)  Thank goodness for pregnant snoring. 

1 comment:

AmyD said...

Hi Jo! Nothing at all to do with snoring...but I made your salsa for work today. It's a hit! Thanks for the recipe.