Friday, September 12, 2008

Sick Privileges

I am NOT the parent that lets her kids sleep in bed with her.  Even from day 1, it was off limits.  Mainly because I value my sleep, and 1. I am always worrying about waking them or rolling over on them, and 2. they crowd me out of my space.  I am not good on little sleep, so even during my daily nap (Cori, you are not alone) I forbid it.  There are VERY few times that Jake has slept in my bed, so today was a small miracle.  Jake has been battling his allergies (thanks to my genetics) and woke with a high temp.  He was diagnosed with a Sinus infection today.  I had a hard time getting him to take a nap in his own bed, he said "it is too hard to sleep".  I assume he means that his head is throbbing or he can't breathe, or both.  I have 5 weeks left in my pregnancy, and I need at least an hour nap, so I play the "take a nap with mommy" card.  Yep it worked, except not as fast as I wanted.  The cat laid between us and was wagging his tail in Jake's face every time he dosed off.  After that, I kicked the cat out. I got a nap, and he is still asleep.  Win, Win!

1 comment:

Cori said...

Ahh...memories...the only two freshman at KU who napped like a couple of kindergarteners. :)