Tuesday, August 2, 2011

May I introduce (a little late) Callie Renee Miller

Wow! It has been a while since I have Blogged! I got lazy, and frankly burned out. I know that sounds silly, but I just kind of lost my Mojo. Well I'm bringing it back!

I got a dose of reality today when a high school friend of mine commented about not wanting to forget her baby's moments, smell etc. I realized that is what blogging does it captured those moments I want to freeze.  I then realized that I have never once blogged about my new princess. So without further adieu, I introduce Callie Renee Miller!
                                                           
Callie was born Thursday February 10th, 2011 at 11:25am (after only 3 1/2 hours of labor!) she weighed 7lbs and 11oz and was 19inches long.

 Callie is named after Colby's Maternal Grandmother Callie Fae (Lee) Beard. She is a wonderful woman and we are so honored to name our beautiful baby girl after her. We gave her my middle name Renee, I love that a part of my name gets to be passed down.
 When we first saw Callie we had to laugh. Jake was the winner! All along Jake had insisted that Callie would have brown hair like him and blue eyes like Devon.  Guess what? He was right. Callie is a perfect mix of her big brothers, and sister.
 Callie is a great baby! (at least for me, she does give daddy a hard time on the weekends) She is very mellow, supper happy, and sleeps all night! Yes, you read right, my breastfed baby girl has slept 12 hours a night since she was about 3 months old. I am just glad that this occurred with my last baby and not the first. I would have not done well with getting up to feed in the middle of the night if I were used to sleeping like I get to with miss Callie.
 Callie has won us all over (not that this was a huge task) she has her brothers fighting over who gets to hold her, her sister waking up early to come in and see Callie in the morning. Daddy's eyes light up when he sees her beautiful smile and I just melt when I walk into her room every morning.
I am So glad that she has completed our family! I just love her so much! I can't even imagine our lives without her in it. She completes us...our little Callie the Finale :)

3 comments:

B-Mom said...

Glad you are back! Callie is beautiful!

Cori said...

I'm glad you're back, too! Love the Callie pics!

Chris said...

I guess I have been pretty busy. Here you are posting again and I didn't notice. Welcome back, even though I wasn't here in the past, I am happy to have you back blogging.

Great baby pictures, nothing like tiny angels to motivate us.