Friday, August 5, 2011

I am NOT a tree hugger

I know I would have never in a million years seen myself as the mom I am now. I breast feed, use a "Hooter Hider" to do so in public. I wear my baby in my "Mobey Wrap" sling.  I am now adding "baby food maker" to my list of free loving momma stuff to do.  I have to admit, I bought the Baby Bullet for 2 reasons...1. It's cute, 2. it is cheaper to make my own food (like way cheaper...I was crazy not to do this before!).  I have now made 3 different meals for Callie. Avocado, Green Beans (from mom's garden) and tonight I made applesauce. This all sounds so complicated, but it isn't. I still think, oh man, I might not be able to do this. Every time I make a new food, I laugh and think to myself "Man that was so easy...and FUN!"  I admit this places me further into the hippie tribe, but I like it. Oh, and just so you know...no worries I drew the line long ago at diapers. I will only use the disposable, land filling easy for me to use Pampers!

6 comments:

Cori said...

That's why I love you! I wish I had made all the baby food---how cute is that little machine! But cloth diapers? NO THANKS! :)

Joleene said...

I knew you could relate to the cuteness factor.

B-Mom said...

I saw a commercial for this and thought it was pretty dandy! Glad you like it!

Desiree said...

Ah, cloth isn't that bad. :-) It's just one more load of laundry and you're already doing ten million a day anyway. What's one more?

I'm totally getting this Bullet thing when Sofia is older! Where did you get yours?

Joleene said...

Desiree, I got my bullet at Bed, Bath, and Beyond...and used my 20% off coupon :)

Joleene said...

NO worries about cloth, just NOT for me! I am lucky to get clothes out of dryer and into rooms :)