Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I can't believe this day has come

When you have your babies, you mentally go through all the little milestones in their life.  When they'll walk, talk, go to school, graduate High School, get married, have kids...etc.  It is almost a dream at the time, as if those things are so far off that they just won't happen.  Well tonight, I had a very sobering event occur.  Colby and I went to a parent orientation meeting at the HIGH SCHOOL for Victoria.  My daughter is going to be in High School next year....WHAT???  When did this happen, why didn't I know about it?  I admit, I started to well up at the meeting (then got irritated at the annoying girls behind us that wouldn't shut up). On the one hand I am very excited for her, and can't wait for her to get to do all the fun High School stuff, on the other, I am scared shit less to be the parent of a High School kid.  I guess all I can do now, is hang on for the ride.

On a lighter note... We got a new camera a good one (go craigslist!!)

here are my first official pics from it:  (Victoria would kill me if I posted the ones of her without makeup in her PJ's...so I didn't)

Jake...love your big brown eyes
Devon...my little angel

1 comment:

Roxie Armstrong said...

I can't believe she is almost in High School either. WOW!!! Don't blink....the other 2 will grow up just as fast. Cute pics by the way. Glad you found the camera.
mom