Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It was fun while it lasted

I can't believe that Devon is already 11 weeks old.  It seems like yesterday that I was thinking I would be pregnant forever.  I have to go back to work this Sunday, and I am very sad.  I love being home with the boys everyday, and my whole family on the weekends.  I love being able to goof around with Colby more than just a few hours each evening.  I will miss this very much.  The funny thing is, we are very lucky that I am able to work every weekend.  As much as I sacrifice every weekend that I go to work, we gain so much more every day that I get to be home during the week.  I will be working "extra" one day during the week to help us pay off our debt, and I am still blessed to be home as much as I am.  

I guess the bottom line is that, if I had made better choices with my money throughout the years, I would be able to stay home all but a couple of days a month.  It is the grace of God that has allowed me a job that I can work and still be a stay at home mom.  I will try to remember that when I have to be away from my wonderful husband, my new baby, my crazy toddler, and my hormonal teenager for a whole weekend.  


2 comments:

Cori said...

Jo, I'll pray for you this weekend. I know how hard it is to go back. But I know all of you will adjust just fine. Love ya.

B-Mom said...

Good luck, I'll be thinking about you. You can do it and before you know it, you'll be right back into the swing of things.