Monday, January 19, 2009

I came by it honestly

Having a teenager is very interesting.  The priorities that they have are so different from the rest of the world.  I know that I once possessed these priorities as well, so at least there is hope.  Victoria is surrounded by drama.  Drama with girls at school, drama with girls at her old school, drama with boys from both schools...whew I can never tell if she is friends with these people or if they are in the dog house...depends on the hour.  At least as a girl myself, I understand...Colby is in a constant state of being perplexed.  

Due to the amount of drama, Victoria is on the phone ALL the time.  We have set 10pm for the time that she has to get off of the phone.  On more than one occasion we have heard her on the phone past this time.  Telling her to get off the phone wasn't very effective, so I pulled out a trick from my dad's bag of tricks.  Now when we hear her on the phone after 10pm, I (without warning) pick up the phone and start singing. I sing whatever springs to mind at the time, last night it was 'Bust a move' by young MC.  Not only did it embarrass her, but it also embarrassed her boyfriend Josh.  Mission accomplished, the phone call ended rapidly.  Thanks dad, for a very effective and innovative method of punishment.

4 comments:

BLogger said...

Classic and too funny! I am going to have to remember that for our teenage years.

Leslie said...

That is awesome.

B-Mom said...

That's great! I'll have to remember that one!

Cori said...

That is HYSTERICAL! As a mother, I love it! It's brilliant!

However, the 17 year-old Cori who worked at Little Caesar's with you, and suffered through boyfriend drama with you, would like to relay a message: Knock that shit off and leave that girl alone!
You're welcome, Victoria. :)