Sunday, January 4, 2009

Calling Bridget Jones...

Happy New Year!...typically late of me I know.
It is a new year, a time to start all things new.  This is the time of  year to make resolutions.  I have decided that this year, I will be more realistic.  The main reason "New Year Resolutions" fail, is that it is one big goal.  If you make one big goal, you should have several little goals in place leading up to that big goal.  If you don't have a map to get to your final destination, then you most likely will end up lost.  In light of my new philosophy, I am adapting a new sort of resolution.  I resolve to make monthly goals in the following areas: 1.Family, 2. Gaining Financial Peace, 3. Healthy Lifestyle.   

What does this mean in English?  It means that at the beginning of every month, I will set a goal for each area that month.  I will update my progress or lack thereof on my blog.  I am going to use public humiliation as my "accountability partner".  If you have ever read the Bridget Jones books, you will feel right at home.  I will be reporting my weight loss and my Jazzercise attendance weekly (unlike Bridget, I don't smoke so no cig updates).

Here goes........
January
1. I will go on at least one date with my husband. 
2. Put a pre-determined amount of money to my debt snowball (for security reasons, I am not going to put the amount)
3. I will be 10lbs lighter than I am now, and will have gone to at least 11 Jazzercise classes.

5 comments:

Cori said...

Bridget also gives updates on "shagging". Is this blog still rated G?

Leslie said...

You impress me, Joleene. And, Yes! See you in the back row at Jazzercise! I've missed you!

Joleene said...

well, we'l leave out the "shagging" updates. I'm married with young kids, so I don't have to be concerned about it anyway : )

Roxie Armstrong said...

You are too funny! Oh, by the way. I will worry about my sagging. My arms still wave after I stop waving:(
Help me out girls what do I do about that.
Mom

B-Mom said...

Good for you! I think those are very attainable goals.