Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Miller Christmas 2008

We had a Great Christmas this year!  It was full of the stuff that counts...Family!  I was worried earlier this year, when we started our debt reduction program, that Christmas would be bleak.  I was wrong.  We set a budget and stuck to it (with $20 left over).  I am amazed at how well our Christmas turned out.  Santa is a bargain shopper it turns out...who knew?
We started out Christmas morning at our house, it was so fun.  Jake ran down the stairs saying "hold on Walkin, Talking Lightening McQueen, I'm coming ..." .  It was so cute, he just knew that Santa brought it for him, luckily he did : )  I was also very happy to have Victoria back home, it wouldn't have been the same without her.

Next stop, Grandma Hayden's house in Fort Scott, KS.  My Grandma, all of my Aunts and Uncles, and most of their kids were there.  We had a great time, I am blessed to have each of them in my life.  We stayed the night at Grandma's and my dad taught Colby and I how to play Chess.  We are now Chess nerds, I win more than Colby.

Friday was on to Colby's Dad's family in Baxter Springs, and his dads house in Grove, OK.  Jake got to play with his cousins Seth, and Jared.  

Saturday we had breakfast with Colby's mom and sister.  He just knew that she had bought him  "Handy Manny, when he grabs his tools".  He had been asking for this toy at every stop, he finally got it. We also got to go see Colby's  Gogi (his grandma), we love her very much.

Devon, spent most of his time being held.  He had a good Christmas too...he just doesn't know it yet.  
We managed to get back in time to be on the road most of the snow storm on Saturday, we had the 4x4 though...we made it.  

I am so glad to have been able to have such a great Christmas...and such a great family!



2 comments:

Cori said...

Ooh, I want to learn how to play chess, too. It's on my bucket list. :)

Glad you had a great Christmas. Really glad Victoria is home, too!

B-Mom said...

A family-filled Christmas, those are the best! Glad you guys enjoyed it!