Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bargaining for some quiet

Last night I either became the funnest mom, or the craziest one.   I had to run into the Legends to get some gifts for Christmas. I knew exactly what I wanted, so I had Victoria stay in the Jeep with the boys.  It was too cold to get them out and parade around an outdoor mall.  At least too cold for Devon.  While I was gone, Jake continually bugged Victoria to go out and play in the snow.  Of course she denied him this.  When I came back, he started bugging me.  The conversation then turned to this :
Jake...  "Ok, I need to go potty, I can go potty outside"
Me..."no, we are in public, you can wait until we get home, you just went potty at Cori's house"
Jake..."Yeah...I need ta go potty outside"
Me..."we need to go home to see daddy"
Jake..." No, I need a go potty outside"
Me... "Jake, we are on the highway in the dark, I am not pulling over to let you go potty"
Jake..." Ok, I'll go potty outside when we get home"
Me..."Ok, you can go potty outside when we get home, we'll even write your name in the snow"
Jake..."Ok, yeah, I will write my name in the snow"

Whew...silence at last.  I knew that I would have to deal with this again later, but for now....Peace.  
As soon as we got home it was time to pay the piper.  Jake and I went outside and he peed in the snow.  He was so proud of himself, and I have a good story to tell future girlfriends : )

2 comments:

Cori said...

I scrolled down, I was just sure that there was a pic of "JAKE" written in the snow....how disappointing. :)

Joleene said...

yeah, if it wasn't so cold and dark out, I probably would have taken one. : )