Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mommy School?


I love being a mom, I love all of my kids and am so proud that God gave them to me.  I just have one question....how to get it all done?  Seriously, is there a  Mommy School out there that instructs us moms on how to get more done in a day than just getting our kids clothed, fed, changed, bathed, and put to bed?  I do try to get to Jazzercise for an hour, or at least an outing of some sort a couple of times a week.  This takes up my whole day.  Victoria constantly tells me what a messy house we live in, and I agree.  It looks good from about 9pm to 7am every day, but drop by anytime during daylight hours and my house looks like a Picasso painting.  I can't keep up with the boys laundry.  I can never find time to put away the clothes, if they are sleeping, I am not waking them to put stuff in their drawers, so in the basket they sit.  I love, love, love being their mom, but feel like a failure at every other task involved in being a stay home mom.  I know that someday, I will look back and wish I could spend more time with them.  I just wish I could get more done in one day and still get all the love in.

6 comments:

Carol said...

Girl....they are all that is important. Enjoy them when they are small...they grow to damn fast! There will be plenty of time to clean when they want nothing to do with you in their teen years! LOL

AmyD said...

Check out FlyLady.net. I love that site! Not saying I have it all together, but it's a good site with a good plan. Or just take Carol's advice and enjoy it while you can! ;)

B-Mom said...

I like the saying "A dirty house means happy kids." Don't worry about it... I sure don't! :)

Cori said...

Jo, I feel like that every day of my life, including today. Even though I know I'm taking care of what's most important, it is so hard to let go of the details. Details being a clean house, not getting dressed out of laundry baskets, etc. :) I wish I had an answer...

Colby said...

So, me asking to have my dinner ready and on the table when I get home each evening wouldn't be a good idea?

June Cleaver seemed to do it without any problems for years on Leave It To Beaver...what gives?

I Love the Beav...

Roxie Armstrong said...

I read your blog to Grandma Hayden (my mom) and she said to tell you not to worry that it would pass way too quickly. Remember, she had 4 under the age of 5 at one time and a 7 year old while being pregnant with a 6th, milked several cows and had a 1 acre garden. Even though I watch, I don't know how she did everything. She cried when she read this poem over the phone for me to post to you. I cried along with her.

Jo, you are spending your time with your children and rocking you baby to sleep. Just tell those cobwebs that they'll have to keep.

Here is a poem she used to read to me when I used to feel the same way. This may appeal to your friends who are also raising young families.

Polishing Memories

I have no time to sweep the floor. The piano collects dust like never before. The waste basket is full, there are marks on the wall. the telephone is ringing, can't take any calls. I'm sitting here rocking my tiny new son, closing my eyes to the days work not done. I know from experience the future becomes past, these moments are treasures, I want them to last long after he is grown. I'll sit in this chair and feel the soft touch of his baby fine hair. I'll rock by this window till the first star appears polishing the memories of my child bearing years.