Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

My little family and I had a great Halloween.  We just went around our neighborhood.  Well...we ventured into the part of the neighborhood that has more houses than my part of the subdivision.  

Jake had a blast, he quickly got the hang of trick or treating.  He even created his own little twist.  You see when we were at a house down the street, Jake saw the movie 'Cars' in the background.  He then felt compelled to ask most people what they were watching, or more specifically if they were watching either 'Toy Story' or 'Cars'.  I promise that Jake doesn't sit in front of the TV, in fact when the shows he wants to watch are on, he is usually playing around with his toys and not even paying attention to the show.  Having said this though, his little world is those two movies.  He uses his imagination, and acts out his own stories from those movies.  I guess I would be worried if he wasn't as active as he is.  

Devon was awake the entire time.  His big eyes were just looking at everything.  This was a double bonus. The cool air combined with him being awake equaled me having 4 straight hours of sleep!!!! The longest stretch yet.  

 Colby and I agreed, we had more fun watching Jake go around and have such fun, than we ever did as kids.  I love being a parent, and am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband to parent with.

No comments: