Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Brave mom

We went to get Devon's 1 month pictures taken today at portrait innovations (I am too cheap to get the CD ROM...so no pics until daddy scans them in).  Now, when I say we, I mean me and Jake.  Daddy was at work, I wanted to get this done in a timely manner, so I didn't think twice about going by myself with both boys.  I mean how hard can it be to get photos of an infant?

  Well to start with, I should have noticed that the other people waiting/getting pictures had a 2:1 ratio parents to kids...me a 1:2 ratio.  Things started out good, then as a couple of minutes passed, Jake began to get more restless.  He played with the other kids, then realized he was older than them and became the toy distributor.  I, at this point had to feed Devon, who was now hungry (thanks Hooter Hider).  Jake throws a fit because he wants to sit in the "Red" chair, not the "Yellow" chair...What????  And... now I know what lies ahead. 

 We get in to take Devon's pictures.  Jake finds a soccer ball to kick around, and I'll be honest, I tuned him out at this point.  It didn't take long for me to tune back in...the soccer ball hit the wall, Jake was walking all over the photo set, telling the kids out in the play area they had to stay out, then telling me he had to go pee. If I wasn't already sensory overloaded, I would have laughed.  I think even the photographer guy was irritated with me.  When it came time to look at pictures, Jake did a good job of playing...finally.

  As we are getting in the car, Colby calls and asks if Jake did okay.  I tell him a brief versionof events, then he responds... " I was wondering why you wanted to do this on your own...I thought that was very brave of you."   
 
Honey, the next time please mention this before the adventure.  Thanks!

2 comments:

B-Mom said...

But, mission accomplished, right? Good job! I know how hard that can be... and crazy, but it makes good stories!

Cori said...

For what it's worth, when I go anywhere alone with the three of them, I need a nap when I come home. And sometimes I want to cry. :)