Wednesday, September 2, 2009

We finally did it!

We took the plunge, and bought a Dyson. OH, yes it rocks. When we first moved into our house up north, we were suckered into buying a Kirby. That over priced piece of crap lost it's luster a month or so in. It had a lot of different accessories, but didn't clean like it should. Fast forward to our current house here in Gardner. We decided that we didn't want to spend $6,000. to upgrade our carpet so we already have the crappy builders grade carpet. The last 4 years with the combo crappy carpet and stupid vacuum pushed us into a corner. Now that Devon insists on eating/choking on anything he can find to put into his mouth we had to make our move. I had heard nothing but great things about the Dyson, my good friend Ashley swears by hers. I did a little research, and found out that Dyson does NOT go on sale, so we used a coupon. Bed, Bath, and Beyond 20% coupon saved us $100 on this little beauty. (Seriously, did you think this cheap girl would pay full price?). Anyway, I LOVE it! One pass across our living room floor and the thing was full. It was evident that the Kirby wasn't pulling it's own weight. Our carpet actually looked good. I am going to have it cleaned next week, so that I can feel proud of our carpet again. I realize that I am getting excited about a vacuum, but sadly it is what happens when you become a wife/mom. I highly recommend the Dyson...do yourself a favor and get one.

1 comment:

The one girl said...

Brace yourself.. I found ours at a garage sale just a few blocks from our house! The lady works in retail and gets a steep discount, so she upgraded to a higher end Dyson one year after getting her first one. I think we paid $180.