Friday, September 11, 2009

Carrie Bradshaw channeled

Last night Victoria and I went and picked up her homecoming dress. I love that she has such unique taste. She will admit that her friends would never wear this. I love that. Here is her dress, already on the dress form in her room. What? You don't have a dress form in your room? Well that is probably because you don't aspire to be a chic fashion designer. Victoria has set her sights on going to a fashion school (after college of course). She is taking a lot of art classes, and is already being encouraged by her teachers to start a portfolio. I am learning to realize that she and I have different talents. I may be more inclined to value the traditional school education, she is more interested in the art/creative aspect of education. Anyway, I know that she has picked a very appropriate goal, and I am going to encourage her to go after it.
Oh, in case you were wondering. She will be wearing a shiny pair of Oxford Booties to go with this outfit. Sex in the City look out, here comes Victoria Starks!

4 comments:

Cori said...

That is darling! I admire people with a strong fashion sense. I'm more of a jeans and t-shirt girl, but I wish I had that gift. Good luck, Victoria! You are a fabulous girl!

The one girl said...

Love the dress and jewelry. I admire fashion, but I certainly dress fashionably!

The one girl said...

Meant to say I DON'T dress fashionably.

Rachel said...

WOW. LOVE that! The necklaces go great with it. I think she's going to look stunning. :) Aren't daughters THE BEST?!