Monday, March 16, 2009

Goodbye Shawndra

I am very sad to report that my friend Shawndra passed away yesterday at 3:10pm. 

Shawndra- I will forever be glad that I had the chance to know you.  I will always remember your vibrant giggle.  I could recognize it anywhere.  I will think of you anytime I see someone eating carrots in a bag (even if their fingers aren't stained orange :) )  Every Kashi box will make me smile in memory of you.  You were the first person to suggest to me that Colby might actually ask me to marry him on our trip to Denver (he did).  I hope you had as fun of a time at my wedding, as I did at yours.  Your beautiful Ella was born just 4 months after Jacob.  I remember seeing you at the elevators my first week back from maternity leave...you just laughed and said "I'm still pregnant".  You are a beautiful person, with a beautiful heart.  I will miss it.

until we meet again,

Joleene

3 comments:

Carol said...

Sorry for your loss.

Cori said...

I'm sorry Jo. I'm sorry for her family, too. I loved your post. It was beautiful.

B-Mom said...

Joleene, I'm so sorry to hear this. It sounds like she was just a beautiful person inside and out.