Friday, February 13, 2009

Calling "Dr Appointment"

Today has been a crazy day for us all.  Yesterday at my mom's house, Jake started getting sick (he gets the Croup yearly).  Jake had been the one I was concerned about, he was working to breathe and has a barkey cough.  I had plans to take him to the Dr today if he didn't get better.  When we woke up this morning, I had a new surprise...Colby.  Colby told me that he felt dizzy, like the room was spinning and that he had a big headache.  I made him go to the Dr, because I was worried about his blood pressure.  It turned out that he has a case of Vertigo (dizziness) most likely caused by a virus.  
I took both boys with us when we took Colby to the Dr.  I needed to keep an eye on Jake's breathing and needed to nurse Devon.  While we were there Jake made us laugh.  I was holding Devon and bouncing him while rocking back and forth (to get him to sleep).  Jake started mimicking what I was doing.  After a couple of minutes he looked up at me and said "why are we doing dis?"   I almost cried I laughed so hard.   Then, I noticed Jake working harder to breathe, so I told Colby that I was just going to see if this Dr  could prescribe some Orapred for him.  Jake was hurting so much when he coughed that he started standing at the door and asking for "Dr appointment,  Dr appointment where are you, Dr appointment, I need my mouth fixed"  Even when he is sick, he is still a funny guy.

1 comment:

B-Mom said...

Poor little man, I hope he's feeling better!