Thursday, October 16, 2008

I will be pregnant forever

I have come to the realization that Devon is not going to come out.  Yes, I will be the first woman in history to never give birth.  I also realized that my due date isn't until Sunday, he still won't come out!  I have reached the stage that I wake up every day just to wait and see if anything will happen.  It doesn't.  If it does, it is just trick labor (false labor implies a mistake, God is toying with my mind here people), and it goes away after a couple of hours.  I think tonight, I am going to make my husband take me on a 20 mile walk.  I bet things still won't happen on their own.  Hey come to think of it, I should start taking bets.  I think this little guy won't come on his own, he'll wait until 10/23 until the pitocin forces him out.  By then he will weigh 9 lbs 3 oz.  
OK, I guess I'll stop pouting now (just look for my picture in the Guinness book of world records)

4 comments:

Mr Grampa said...

I bounced you out by using the go for a ride method. Yeah, I took your mom a ride in the old truck over some real rough rail road tracks at high speed. She hit her head (ain't right since)and that night I took her to the hospital to get you. I still have an old truck, wanna go for a ride?

Roxie Armstrong said...

Yep, Dad is right. Over those railroad tracks we went. Then on top of the bumpy railroad tracks, the road was so bumpy that my belly (you) kept bouncing up and down. I know you were in there screaming for us to settle down. He literally scared you out of me.

B-Mom said...

It will happen, and I can't wait! I did see an episode on the Discovery Channel about a woman that actually didn't have her baby. It turned into a stone inside her... 3rd world country a long time ago. Devon WILL come out!

Cori said...

I hear Devon came out!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm very happy for you, and I hope you're all doing wonderfully. I'll call when you get home.

Love,
C.