Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Devon is here!!!!

He proved me wrong!!  I don't have to worry about being pregnant forever!! At 1 AM Monday morning, I woke up thinking I had peed my pants, but then after a while I knew my water had broken (or at least was leaking).  Off to the hospital we went.  I had a hard time progressing, then at a little before 1 PM he moved position, my water gushed and in less than 45 min I went from 5 cm dilated to Devon being born!  He was born at 1:39pm 10/20/2008 weighed 7lb 15.7 oz and was 19 1/4 inches long.  Unfortunately, even though he had good Apgar's (8,9) he had poor perfusion to his extremities and had to go to the NICU.  The nurse took a backseat to the mom in me and I just knew he had some sort of heart problem. I don't think I have ever been that sad, worried and just heart broken than when they snatched him out of our room and took off to the NICU.  In about an hour we learned that Devon's fast entrance to the world caused him to have a little more trouble transitioning, but was doing great now! Imagine my relief, my baby is going to be fine!
I don't think this picture does him justice.  He has blonde hair (not sure where that came from) and blue eyes (probably not for long).  Colby and I think that he looks a lot like Jake did when he was born, but my mom is convinced he looks like me.  I don't think so, but I do think he looks like a little old man with 5 chins...he even gets "old man angry" when he is hungry or cold.  

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Good job, Joleene!

B-Mom said...

He is perfect! Glad he is finally here and I hope all is going well.

Megan said...

Congratulations! He's gorgeous and by the way, so are you in that pic. How'd you pull off looking that good after pushing out a kid? Nice work.

Cori said...

That baby looks like an Armstrong (no offense Colby). Can't wait to see him!!!!!!!!!!!!!