Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Never thought I'd have to say that...



For Christmas, we got the boys each a play phone from Wal-Mart...the ones in the checkout isle.  Devon loves to pretend that he is talking on the phone, so we thought it was a good idea. Well, approx 10 min after opening his....he ate it.  Yes, ate it. he ate off the buttons.  Needless to say we took his away from him and trashed it...only out $3.  I kind of forgot about Jake's phone (pictured) and Devon got ahold of it last week....now out $6.  Yesterday we were at our daily Wal-Mart stop, when Jake started asking for a new one.  Jake- "mom can I PLEASE have a new phone?"......Me- " No,  Devon will eat it".  Never thought I'd say that one. Then on the way home, Devon was babbling to Jake when Jake calls out "Mom....Devon is hungry for phones".  Never thought that phone eating would be such a problem...what is wrong with my kids?

3 comments:

Rick said...

Very funny - your child ate the phone. Now the call is on hold until... well you know.

Rick said...

P.S. I like the title of your blog. Just happen to be surfing by.

Joleene said...

Thanks Rick, surf by anytime