Thursday, April 8, 2010

Jake is too funny to get mad at.....sometimes

Last night after we thought Jake was asleep (hadn't heard him for a while), we saw him sneaking down the hall.  From where Colby and I sit on the couch to watch TV, we can see a portion of the upstairs hallway through the spindles.
As we saw Jake sneaking around we said to him "hey, where are you going?"
Jake- "my pants are wet....I need new ones.."
Me- "Why are your pants wet?"
Jake- "Cause my water got on them....when I spilled it on me"
Me- "Ok, change and get back to bed...."


Not even 15 min later, I saw Jake's head pop up in the spindles....this alone makes me laugh.
Jake shouts out before I even get a chance to ask "I ate a booger!"
Colby and I giggle....
Me- "Ok, what are you doing out of bed?"
Jake- "I ate a booger, now I have germs on my hands, I need to wash em."
Me- "Well, that is why you shouldn't have eaten a booger!....go wash your hands and get back to bed!"
Colby and I giggle again...seriously? I can't help it, when you get caught off guard, it is hard to maintain the parental sternness.

Another 15 min go by and Jake is out of bed again! This time, I just walk over and shut off the upstairs hall light.
Jake-( in a girl like scream)-"hey, don't do dat....I can't see now!" He turns the light back on with the upstairs switch.
Me- "Jake! turn it off!" I turn it off again.
Jake- "leave it on" he turns it on.
I turn it off. (and giggle)
he turns it on (and giggles back)
I turn it off
he turns it on......
you get the picture...I can't help it but the entire time, I am cracking up, Colby is on the couch in near tears. I don't even know why it is so funny other than, I am fighting over a light switch with a 4 year old, and that I am sure our neighbors are thinking something haunted has taken over our house with the flashing lights and all.  Overall, it is just the way it went down....he just has this funny silly way about him.

I love that about him!

No comments: