Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009

Maybe it is because I have another stupid sinus infection (thanks to Christmas craziness) or maybe it is because, as I get older the years fly by faster than ever. Either way, I am feeling a bit of nostalgia. 2009 was a great year! It started out with my last few weeks of maternity leave, it was hard going back to work, but we made it through. Colby had a hard few months with Devon on the weekends, but now Devon has daddy wrapped around his little finger. Victoria got to go on a spring break trip to Houston with Colby's parents and her cousin Seth. She enjoyed getting to see the ocean for the first time. Victoria also enjoyed many a day at the Gardner pool, and we all were sad to see it close for winter. I can't believe she started High School this year. Jake started pre-school this year, where he met his new best friend Nick. Jake also got glasses, but we are still working on him wearing them all day long. My little Devon turned ONE! I can't believe(and am kind of sad) that I will never have a baby again. I love watching him grow and learn so much. Jake and Devon are great brothers, even now, they stick up for one another. Colby and I continue to get our debt taken care of, it will be a joyous day when I can blog about how exciting it is to be debt free! Until then, we know that we have already won, just by taking the steps to get to this goal. It sounds crazy, but even though we still have debt, just the plan to wipe it out, makes us feel secure. I can't wait to see what 2010 brings, I am sure it will be full of surprises...I hope more good than bad. No matter what though, I know that I have everything I need, my husband, kids, parents, siblings, and great friends. I am blessed. Here are a few pics of my 2009. Happy New Year!

Devon when he was only cruising around

Jake loves the park

Look at Jake's muscles....whew!

Devon is a birthday boy

Victoria is off to High School

Merry Christmas
and Happy New Year
From the Millers!


2 comments:

The one girl said...

Love the post. Beautiful pictures! Many blessings for you in 2010.

Shelly said...

Love the post!

Made me teary in fact!!

Happy New Year!