Friday, October 2, 2009

Homecoming 2009

I know that I am a little slow getting this up, but things are crazy these days. Anyway...last Saturday the 26th Victoria went to her first homecoming dance! It was a lot of fun...for me at least. Victoria had a great time too. Two of her friends came to our house to get ready first and their dates met them here.
Victoria and Chase looked great! I am very proud of both of them. Even though they broke up 2 days before the dance, they were back together and going strong, by the big dance.
Morgan M and Morgan C and their moms came over to our house to get ready, which was a lot of fun. I like that our house was the place to be. It makes me feel good, like we are the the High School version of the Kool-aid house. I am so glad that my friend Ashley worked for me that day, it was very much worth it. I did all the girls' hair...even Victoria's (much to my surprise). It appears that my 80's/90's hair do skills were much needed! I even heard a few, "Oh, my God, that's a lot of hair spray"...to which I had to respond..."You can never have enough hairspray, and be glad that we don't use Aquanet anymore".
Of course the girls ran late (the boys sat and watched football with Colby they were all bored...Colby too)
I can't wait to do it again! I loved getting to spend that time with you Victoria! Thanks for letting me be a cool mom...you know I am, your friends all say so : )

1 comment:

Megan said...

Yeah, you 80s/90s girls love your hairspray. I think my sister told me the same thing in high school "you can never have too much hairspray".

I didn't heed her words until I came to Singapore though. Thank God she taught me this very valuable lesson. Hairspray is a good defense against humidity.