Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Preschool Jake

Today was the big day...1st day of Preschool. Yesterday, Jake told me that he didn't want to go to school. He told me this several times.
I asked him -"why don't you want to go to school, you were so excited before?"

Jake replied- "you said that if I went to school, you would cry...I don't want you to cry. dats why I don't wanna go to school."

Me- "awe buddy, I won't cry because I'm sad, just because I'm happy."

Jake- "No, I don't want you to cry."

Me-"Ok, I won't"

and I did ok...my eyes did well up, but I fought them back. I didn't want him to be upset that I cried.
Here is Jake doing an unprompted pose...I think he is mimicking "Sid the Science Kid" I'm not sure, but he looked cute doing it.

Of course he had to bring Woody. Jake made sure that Woody stayed in his backpack until after school.
Yep, Jake and Pixar have an agreement. Jake loves every movie they make and he will love their toys best.

When I went to pick him up, I asked the teacher how he did. She said that he was great, but at the very end, he didn't want to sit on the carpet like the other kids. She said that he told her "I'm just frustrated that I don't want to sit on the carpet"
This is why I am waiting until just past his 6th birthday to start Kindergarten. Just imagine how it would be if he were 5 for 3 weeks and starting school...yikes!

2 comments:

Cori said...

He is so stinking cute! What a doll!

Megan said...

That's so sweet that he didn't want to make his Mommy cry. Awwww! He's so cute.