Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Being a mom is great!


I love getting to be home most days during the week with my son!  I know how lucky I am to be in a job that this is possible. Having said that, it feels so good to walk into my home, after working a 12 hour shift, and have him run to me with his arms open shouting "mommy, I miss  you today!"  That is the best feeling EVER : )  
But it doesn't end there.  Tonight when I got home, after my big hug, I asked Jake what he was doing.  He pointed to the living room floor and said "Da cars are watching Lightning race".  I looked and saw the cars all lined up very OCD like on the floor while Lightning McQueen raced around his new race track (pictured).  It never ceases to amaze me how the smallest things will make my day.  

3 comments:

Cori said...

That is so cute! And I hear you on the weekends---best mom job ever!

B-Mom said...

Booker is very OCD with his cars too... loves to line them up and then rearrange them over and over. PS, I'm jealous of your and Cori's weekend jobs, very jealous.

Joleene said...

Hey, you could always go back to schoo to be a NURSE....